- Go to the top of your page and click This Course
- Then choose Group Management
- This brings us to the group set up page, on the left hand side you have any groups you have set up and on the left hand side we can add members
- The first thing we need to do is to create a group, click Create group, give your group a name and then a description if required
- Click save changes
- You will then see your first group in the list on the left
- You can then set up as many groups as you like in the same way
- To populate the group, click on your group, then on the right hand side of the screen click add or remove users, it will then pull through all of the people enrolled on that module page.
- You can select a single user, or select multiple users by holding down the Ctrl key
- Then click add to add your selected users to the group
When you have populated your groups you can go back to the page.
In user enrolments you can check who is in a group.
Once the groups are set up it can be used anywhere on the page.
So for example you could set up a forum for each group that only they can see and restrict the use of that forum to each group and Assignment hand ins can also be set by group.
For more information on using restrictions in Moodle contact TEL@chi.ac.uk