The Skills Team is led by Roz Hall, the Learning Technologies & Skills Development Manager
They are available to support, advise, and train in the following areas.
Darren Thompson, Learning Technologist
Helen Rea, Associate Learning Technologist
Darren and Helen offer one to one, staff development sessions or bespoke group sessions.
- Learning technologies such as Moodle, Turnitin, MAF Online, ChiPlayer (Panopto)
- Advice on blended learning, gamification, flipping the classroom, distance learning and interactive voting systems
- Developing Digital Literacy courses
- Electronic Management of Assignments (EMA)
- Bristol Online Surveys (BOS) for module evaluation feedback
- Twitter in education
- Augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and 360
Dan Carline, IT Skills Trainer
Dan offers one to one, staff development sessions, or bespoke group sessions.
- Office 365 utilities - email and calendar
- Microsoft Office programmes such as Word; Excel; PowerPoint; OneDrive; OneNote; Outlook desktop client
- Skype for Business
- Windows 10 support
- Assistive technologies
- Student Attendance Management (SAM)
- IT tips, tricks and timesaving
Lana King, Creative Skills Specialist
Lana offers one to one, staff development sessions or bespoke group sessions.
- Video editing - Final Cut X, Adobe Premiere
- Image editing - Adobe Photoshop
- Audio editing - Logic Pro X, Adobe Audition, Sibelius
- Desktop publishing - Adobe InDesign
- Mac OS support
Alison Wright, Academic Skills Adviser
Alison offers one-to-one tutorials and group workshops focusing on the skills you need to be successful with your studies.
Advice is for all students, no matter what level or degree you are studying.
- Academic writing
- Essay planning & structuring
- Critical thinking & writing
- Exams & revision
- Reading & note-taking
- Presentations & posters
- Grammar & punctuation
- Reflective writing
- Time management / organisation