There are a number a Blocks available for you to add, these will appear in the right hand side of your moodle page.
to add a block:
- Open up the left hand menu (using the box with 3 horizontal lines in the top left corner)
- Ensure you have editing on, and scroll to the bottom of that left hand menu, and click 'Add a Block'
You can then choose your block, and you will return to your page, the block will appear on the right hand side.
Commonly used blocks include:
- Calendar - this will display any course dates to the students such as assignment deadlines
- Checklist - if you have a checklist activity this can be used to also display it on the right hand side
- ChiPlayer - to sync your module up with ChiPlayer, this gives you a module folder in the chiplayer website to store videos
- Heatmap - this shows how often resrouces are clicked on, however, please note this includes any time lecturers or module coordinators have too, so isnt always a clear indicator of student engagement.
- HTML - this can be used to add text and twitter feeds