Note: if you’ve already completed your IT account registration via ChiView or a university computer to get your username e.g. kweb1, and set your password, you can skip to the next page 'Password manager'.
- Visit account.chi.ac.uk
- Enter your 7 digit applicant number (student number) e.g. 1508547, and your date of birth in 6 character format e.g. 270499, then click ‘Submit’
- Check that your name and course is correct, read the IT policy documents, then click 'Show my account details'
- Make a note of your username e.g. kweb1, then click the 'password reset page' link
- Type your username and click 'Send Request' which emails you a reset link to your personal email address
- Click the enclosed link in the email which is valid for 10 minutes
- Create a password ensuring it conforms to the university's password policy
Your password must be 8 to 16 characters, and include three of: uppercase characters, lowercase characters, numbers, and symbols. Your password cannot include your first name, last name, username, and cannot be a previously used password
- Your username and password is used for ChiView, Email (Office 365), Moodle, and to log on to open-access computers