Excel Quick Selection Techniques
In Excel to highlight/select data you can "click and drag" around the data to select it, there are in fact several different ways you can highlight/select data a lot faster or more effciently. Esspecially when you have large ammounts of data.
I shall outline the selection methods you can use here:
1. Click and Drag:
- Left click into the cell you wish to start your selection from, continuing to hold left drag around the rest of the your proposed selection
2. Ctrl + Shift + (Arrow direction)
- Left click into the cell you wish to start your selection from, you can then press Ctrl + Shift + (the arrow which dictates the direction you wish to expand your selection in)
- It is worth knowing that this selection method will only expand to the first gap in data it finds, so if you have gaps in your data press the hotkey again for it to expand over any gaps in the data.
3. Go to - Feature
The "Go to" feature (F5) works very similarly to the "Find" feature (Ctrl + F) and can be used in many different ways.
- Left Click into the data array you wish to highlight and press F5
- Click "special" on the next menu screen
- If you would like the entire data array you're clicked into select "Current region"