Money advice: money worries

On this page:

University of Chichester Support Fund

The University of Chichester provides a Support Fund for all their home students in receipt of Student Finance (or equivalent) funding, this includes EU Settled Status and local island students (eg Guernsey or Jersey).  The fund is open to all home, on-campus students on programmes we teach and assess; international students and students from partner organisations/colleges are not eligible.  Students from partner organisations are encouraged to apply to their own college for support.

Students may apply to the fund if they have unexpected financial difficulty or unexpected costs (for example high cost of travel to and from placement).  Applications from other students (except those attending partner organisations) may be permitted in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Support Fund Panel Chairman.

Please note that the Support Fund is only open in Semester time when the Support Fund tile is active on student ChiView (it can be found in the 'Finance Links' section).

If you have any questions about the Support Fund or have difficulty accessing the application form, please email



Emergency loans

An emergency loan may be available if your funding has been delayed or there is an unexpected financial crisis.  For eligibility and our terms and conditions, please see our Short-Term Emergency Loans Policy here: 

You can apply for an emergency loan by emailing or leaving a voicemail message on 01243 816038 - please ensure you give your mobile number to be called back.

If you have any questions about emergency loans, please email


NHS Learning Support Fund

Additional funding for healthcare students

You may be able to apply for elements of the Learning Support Fund if you are studying one of our undergraduate or postgraduate healthcare courses (Physiotherapy or Nursing).

Please see the NHS Learning Support Fund webpage for more details:

The eligibility criteria include:

  • attending a higher education institution in England
  • in active study, whether academic or practice learning
  • eligible for student maintenance and tuition fee loan support from the Student Loans Company
  • in attendance on a specified date depending on your start month.

The Learning Support Fund includes the following elements:

  • Training Grant - A non-means tested grant of £5,000 each academic year for eligible students plus up to an extra £2,000 for students studying certain courses and regions
  • Parental Support - A grant of £2,000 for eligible healthcare students who have parental responsibility for a dependent child
  • Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses - Eligible healthcare students may be reimbursed for the additional cost of attending a practice placement as part of their course
  • Exceptional Support Fund - A grant of up to £3,000 each academic year for students in unforeseen financial hardship.

For more information please visit


The Chichester Bursary is available to all full time undergraduate students with a household income of £25,000 or less. 

For further information around eligibility or any queries, contact the Student Money Team on


If you are worried about debt then please contact the Student Money Team.

Alternatively, you can contact:

  • StepChange - providing support, advice, and practical solutions to dealing with debt
  • National Debtline - advice on how to deal with debt problems

Financial difficulties

If you are in financial difficulties or worried about money, please book an appointment to see a Student Money Adviser. They administer the University Support Fund, can offer emergency loans where required, and help with budgeting and money management. 


There are foodbanks in Chichester and Bognor Regis. If you feel that you would benefit from a foodbank voucher, please book an appointment to see a Student Money Adviser. They can also try and source a voucher for another foodbank if you are not in the local area. 


The University doesn’t offer any in-house grants. 

If you have any questions about your maintenance loan or other Student Finance loan, please contact your Student Finance provider e.g. SFE/SFW/SFNI/SAAS

If you want to check you have had all the funding you are entitled to, please email the Student Money Team on

Maintenance loans

If you have any questions about your maintenance loan, in the first instance, contact your Student Finance provider e.g. SFE/SFW/SFNI/SAAS

If you are still unsure about something then please book an appointment to see a Student Money Adviser. Make sure to bring your Student Finance account details to the appointment. 

Tuition fees and tuition fee loan

If you have any questions about how to pay your tuition fees, please contact the University's Finance Department:

Students can apply for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of their course at University. To discuss eligibility for this, please contact the Student Money Team.

If you have received an invoice from the University about your tuition fee but you thought it was being paid for by a Student Finance provider then book an appointment to see a member of the Student Money Team

More information about tuition fees is available on the University's website.

Student Money Team at the University

Please contact the Student Money Team for more information on any of these topics, or with other queries about your finances.

Still need help?