SupportMe is a self-service portal for logging calls e.g. logging IT Support calls, reporting lost property, requesting library books to be sent cross-campus for you etc.
Calls can also be logged to Estate Management via the 'Estates' link on the SupportMe home page, e.g. for reporting issues with power sockets, heating, plumbing etc. For help on logging calls for Estates, click HERE.
Once your call is logged it will be forwarded to the appropriate team, and you'll receive a confirmation email with a call reference number to your university account.
SupportMe also shows service status, and the University's Twitter feeds, as well as providing a link to the University's Help Website.
If you are unable to use the online service or visit us in person, then please email the SIZ at email@example.com or phone the SIZ on (01243 81) 6222
Logging a support request - e.g. IT, Library, Business Applications, Moodle etc
- Open Support Me
- From the home page, click Log a Request
- You need to find a service to log the request. You can do this in two ways:
- By searching: use the search box. One word searches will yield the best results e.g. maps
- By navigating: all of your services will be shown in alphabetical order (5 per page). Navigate through the pages using the forwards and backwards buttons or by clicking on the page number
- Highlight the service, and the description of that service will appear under Service Details (when expanded)
- If it is the service you require, click the Support Me button
Searching for a request by category
You can also search within categories for the service you require.
- Click inside the box labelled Click to filter by category
- From the pop up box, select a category and choose OK
- The services under that category will show in alphabetical order
- Use the search box to find services within that category
Favouriting your frequently used services
For speed and ease of use, you can add the services you use most often to the favourite block on your Support Me home page
- For a service to appear in the favourite block, click the heart symbol next to the service's name. The heart will change colour
- Back on the home page, it will be listed in the favourite block
- To unfavourite a service: click on 'Log a Request', select the 'My Favourite Services' tab, then deselect the relevant heart icon
Viewing your existing requests
To view your requests, click on the My Requests button on the Support Me home page
- All of your active requests will be shown, with the most recent at the top
- To view closed or resolved requests, use the dropdown box to change the selection
- Highlight a request to see a brief description under Request Details
- To open a request, click the green button that also shows the request reference number
Updating your existing requests
Once the request is open (see above) you can:
- View the full details of your request under the Diary tab
- Update your request by using the Apply a new update to this request field then clicking Apply Update
- Add attachments by clicking on the Attach Files button then add a compulsory comment in the Apply a new update to this request field and click Apply Update
Logging calls for Estate Management
Students - click here for instructions on how to log requests for the Estate Management team (e.g. My Accommodation, maintenance requests)
Staff - click here for instructions on how to log requests for the Estate Management team (e.g. room set-up, delivery, additional cleaning, reserved parking, maintenance requests)