New Moodle pages are created for each module occurrence each year. Each of these pages will have one person automatically enrolled, this is the module co-ordinator.
Please make sure that the Modular Office know of any changes to module coordinators. Those who are recorded as module coordinators will automatically get access to the Moodle page and the MAF Online spreadsheet. (more information on Understanding roles in Moodle)
Module coordinators are responsible for adding additional teaching staff to Moodle pages and additional markers on MAF. (More information on Enrolling a colleague to a Moodle page and adding someone to MAF Online).
If you need access to a page but are not the module coordinator, please contact your module coordinator to add you. If you are unsure who that is, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can let you know. If you are unable to contact your module coordinator, some departmental administrators are able to add tutors to modules.
Please follow the steps to guide you through everything you need to do before the start of semester
- Enrol colleagues onto the Moodle page
- Import your content from other Moodle pages (unless you are starting from scratch)
- Ensure your page meets the Moodle Minimum Requirements set by the University
- Add a ChiPlayer block to your module (if you use ChiPlayer for videos)
- Copy ChiPlayer videos from last years module to this years one (if you use ChiPlayer for videos)
- Embed the ChiPlayer videos into your Moodle page (if you use ChiPlayer for videos)
- Set up new Assignment Activities
- Add colleagues to MAF online