You can access your timetable through Moodle, ChiView (students), or Office 365 (staff).
Moodle and ChiView
In Moodle there is a timetable option in the menu. Once expanded you will see a link to Teaching Timetables
In ChiView, once you are logged in, you will see a Timetable link.
Either way, you will be taken to the web timetables page
My Timetable option
If you are a student with module selections or a member of teaching staff you can select My Timetable. This will display a page where you can select the type of timetable view you want to view. Make your selections and choose View Timetable
Modules and programmes
Please note that you will also be able to view Modules or Programmes from the top level menu
These options are available to anybody who has a ChiView (students) / Sonar (staff) login and allows you to view any programme or module that has been timetabled.
When you have finished looking at your timetable select Logout
This will return you to the main University of Chichester home page in that tab or window.
- If you are both a student and a member of staff, you should log in to the network in one or other capacity to obtain the appropriate information.
- Some staff members will have additional permissions based upon their roles and responsibilities and will correspondingly see more information.
- If you are using a tablet or similar device, please be aware that the selections you make from the drop down menus for period and time will work correctly even though the default option will continue to be displayed.
- Modules that do not require a room (e.g. dissertations / placements) will not appear on the timetable.
- You can view different time ranges by changing 'select time range' in My Timetable. The default is working day so by changing the selection you can see, for example, evening activities.
Office 365 - staff
Staff can access their timetable using the Office 365 calendar.
The timetabled sessions will appear on your calendar in a different colour to other calendar appointments:
- Green – normal timetabled session.
- Amber – timetabled session has been updated within 72 hours of the start time.
- Red – timetabled session has been cancelled within 72 hours of the start time.
You can access the Office 365 calendar using the Office 365 link in Moodle and the staff intranet. If you use the Outlook desktop client, you can also access your calendar there.
You can also set up your Office 365 account on your mobile device. This offers the most convenient way of accessing your timetable.
Who to contact
Type of query: module
Example: modules missing from timetable or incorrect
Contact: Academic Registry Modular team firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of query: group
Example: requests to change module groups. These will not normally be approved after two weeks into semester other than in exceptional circumstances
Contact: full details about this can be found under Module Changes in the online Student Handbook (accessed from the Student Resources menu option in Moodle)
Type of query: programme
Example: for general queries about your time slots or timetables
Contact: your Programme Office
Type of query: technical / IT
Example: you are unable to access ChiView or your timetable