University has a duty to:
- Provide and maintain safe systems of work
- Ensure safe means of handling, use, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision
- Provide safe place of work including safe access and egress
- Provide and maintain safe working environment and adequate welfare facilities
It should be noted that everybody has a duty under Health and Safety legislation:
- To cooperate with their employer in the course of their work.
- No person shall intentionally or recklessly interfere or misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of himself and of others affected by his acts or omissions
Helpful resources for using PCs and laptops
- DSE: Helpful hints: Your perfect workstation setup:
- DSE Helpful hints: For good laptop use:
- University laptop guidance:
- Workstation exercises:
- Windows 10 night light