How do I book equipment?
- Equipment can be booked via email: firstname.lastname@example.org please make sure you include: your full name, borrower number, collection and return date/times
- You can also book equipment in person, but we still require 24 hours’ notice in advance of the booking date
- Your email will be responded to on the next working day. Please be aware, we require 24 hours’ notice for all bookings (e.g., if you’re emailing a booking request after we’ve closed on a Tuesday, the earliest you’ll be able to book equipment for is Thursday) the earliest you can book for after we close for the weekend is Tuesday morning (unless it’s a Bank Holiday weekend, then the earliest will be Wednesday morning)
- Unusual item requests e.g. multiple cameras, extended loans (maximum 2 days), out of term bookings will need an additional confirmation email from your tutor
- Requests for collections or returns outside normal working hours must be submitted a minimum of 48 hours in advance, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis depending on Loans usage levels
How do I collect equipment?
- Please arrive at Equipment Loans at the pre-booked time as per your confirmation email. Issuing the equipment to you should be a quick process, however, if there are other bookings at the same time you may have to wait a few minutes.
- You will need your Campus Card and your account needs to be clear of fines and overdue items
- If you have any questions about how to use the equipment, please ask
- Please notify Equipment Loans on 01243 816056 or email@example.com if you are unable to collect equipment on time
- If collecting from the out of hours lockers we will go through the procedure beforehand when you collect the locker key
How do I return equipment?
- Please make sure you return all equipment including memory cards at the time agreed
- Please notify Equipment Loans on 01243 816056 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to return equipment on time
- Please return equipment in the same state it was loaned (e.g. all cables must be neatly tied, settings on cameras returned to default if altered, equipment placed back in the correct compartments). Please ensure that all data is transferred and backups of footage have been made before returning; all files will be deleted by Loans
- If returning to the Out of Hours lockers we will go through the procedure beforehand, when you collect the locker key