How to give access
To allow External Examiners access to module information, assessment requirements and samples of student work, you will need to do the following:
- Enrol the examiner onto the module's Moodle page as the External Examiner role. See the Enrol a colleague on a module page help guide.
- This will give them read-only access to the module online content
- This will give them read-only access to the students' submitted assignments. If anonymous marking is enabled (it is the default setting) then they will not see the student names. Only the department administrator role can see the student names.
- Add the examiner onto the module's MAF Online as an additional marker. See the Adding additional markers in MAF Online help guide.
- This will give them read-only access to the written feedback, the mark/grade, and any attachments
The external examiner will be able to view all student work but they are not expected to feedback on all submissions. You will have to direct them to which students are part of the sample group.
University staff working with External Examiners can find guidance on the staff intranet page (link will only work once logged on).