From January 2019 assignments are submitted online only*. There is a slight change to the process, but by following this guide and the instructions onscreen you will have submitted your assignment in no time!
Please make sure you have read the Student Assignment Checklist
Once you have submitted your assignment, it will show as 'Queued' and you don't need to do anything else. Moodle will then automatically submit it to Turnitin, and will display the originality percentage once it has been processed.
*Please note that dissertations still require a paper copy to be handed in as well as being submitted online.
- On the module Moodle page, navigate to the submission link. The icon is a hand holding up a piece of paper:
- You can also find the assignment links in the left hand navigation menu, open/close the menu by clicking the 3 vertical lines in the top left of the screen, under the 'Activities' heading click on 'assignments'.
- On the assignment page, you will see information about the assignment, click on the 'Add submission' button
- You are asked to tick the box to confirm the submission is your own work. You can either drag and drop the file into the box or click the add icon to attach the file.
- If you click the add icon then you will need to choose the file and click upload, you can leave the author name and licence as the default.
- Once added, click save changes to submit.
- The screen updates to show you have submitted for grading and that Turnitin is queued.
- Once the Turnitin report is available, it will be accessible in the file submission area by clicking in the Turnitin percentage
- If you need to re-upload your submission, you can edit / update your submission by using the edit submission button.
- Click on the document you wish to replace and a pop up box will appear, click delete, and then ok.
- Add the updated document as before and click submit.