Support and Information (SIZ) Equipment Borrowing: Terms & Conditions
When you borrow equipment you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Our equipment is available to current University of Chichester students and staff only, and should not be lent or shared with third parties. You must produce your University campus card when requesting a loan, and the equipment you borrow will be recorded on your University library account.
- Standard loan periods are 2 days, 1 week or 4 weeks depending on the equipment type. You will be informed of the expected return date upon issue of the loan. Extended loans can be arranged for specific circumstances. Please email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Decisions on extensions are at the discretion of the SIZ and must be agreed in advance.
- Loans are made on the basis that you, the borrower, accept full responsibility for the care and safekeeping of the equipment and that it is returned in its issued condition on or before the end of the loan period. You are responsible for checking the equipment is in full working order upon collection (this includes battery levels and logging onto laptops onsite before off-site use). You will not be liable for any problems or missing equipment found on issue, provided you report them to the SIZ team immediately.
- To comply with insurance requirements, loaned equipment must be securely stored when not in use. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring equipment left in vehicles is locked in the boot (or equivalent) and is fully out of sight. If loaned equipment is stolen, the University will seek to claim on its applicable insurance policies. If cover is denied due to your failure to store the equipment securely, the University may seek to recover the full replacement cost from you. A police-issued crime reference number must accompany any claims for equipment lost due to theft.
- Any loss, fault or damage must be reported immediately to the SIZ. Equipment that has been lost, returned damaged, or having missing parts, will remain on your account whilst the cost of repair or replacement is assessed. Non-return of equipment will be considered a loss. You will be notified of the outcome and will be invoiced for the full costs of repair or replacement, at the University’s option. For the avoidance of doubt, you are responsible for any loss, damage or faults that are caused during the period of the loan, whether caused by you or by any by any third party. Debts will be pursued via the University’s usual debt collection processes.
- All files will be securely deleted from the memory cards/internal storage of equipment when returned to SIZ. Please ensure that all required data is transferred to another device prior to returning equipment. The University will not be liable for any loss of data that may occur when using its equipment or if data is lost as a result of this deletion policy.
- Please notify the SIZ on 01243 816222 or email@example.com if you are unable to return equipment before the end of loan period. Outside of SIZ opening hours, equipment can be returned to Security staff located at the SIZ counter during extended LRC opening hours.
Reviewed September 2018