We strongly recommend that you change your University password regularly.
When setting your password make sure it conforms to the University's password policy:
- Between 8 and 16 characters
- Include three of: uppercase characters, lowercase characters, numbers, symbols
- Cannot be a previously used password
- Cannot include your first name, last name, or username
We would ask you to ensure that your University password is unique from any other passwords that you have. For example, websites, online banking, software applications, etc.
Managing your password
There are several ways you can manage your password:
- Use Password manager by visiting password.chi.ac.uk.
More information is available on the password manager help page.
- If logged on to a university Windows computer and you want to change your password, perform a 'ctrl + alt + del' on the keyboard then choose 'Change a password'
- You can also contact SIZ to have your password reset. Please remember that this option is available during SIZ opening times. We recommend you update your personal email address for use with Password manager in case you need to unlock your account or reset your password outside of these times.