International support

On this page:

  • Culture
  • Driving in the UK
  • Erasmus
  • International academic language support
  • Immigration advice / visas
  • National Insurance Number
  • Passports
  • Police registration


Please ask for guidance from the International Student Advisory Service (ISAS) or check the International Student Support section on the University's website.

Driving in the UK

Guidance for International or EU students wanting to drive in the UK from UKCISA.


Information about student exchange opportunities or Erasmus study is available on Moodle.

For administrative queries:

For welfare queries contact the University's International Student Advisers

International academic language support

This service is for any student whose first or main language is not English. It is available at no extra cost. The service can support you on any of the University’s programmes, and offers you special help with the development of your English language skills.

For further information contact the International Student Advisory Service (ISAS)

Immigration advice / visas

Please check details and guidance on the University's Visa and Immigration webpage, or contact the International Student Advisory Service (ISAS)

Also have a look at the UK government's Visas and Immigration website.

National Insurance Number

A National Insurance (NI) number is a personal account number issued to almost every adult resident in the UK, used in the administration of the National Insurance or social security system. You must either have, or have applied for, an NI number before you start work in the UK.

Further information, including how to apply, is available from the UK government.


International students:

UK students:

  • See the UK government's passport information

Police registration

Some international students are required to register with the Police. Please contact the International Student Advisory Service (ISAS) for advice and information.

International Student Advisory Service at the University

Please contact the International Student Advisory Service (ISAS) for more information on any of these topics and more.

Still need help?