COVID-19 Report and Support


Reporting COVID-19 symptoms, test results, self isolation status and other concerns

What can I do to help keep myself and other safe? 

I’m feeling unwell, what do I do? 


University contacts

Helpful links to Government, NHS and Overseas Travel guidance

Please also see:

The University's Covid Testing webpage with FAQ about lateral flow antigen testing

The FAQs for students returning to the UK from overseas help page


Reporting COVID-19 symptoms, test results, self-isolation status and other related concerns

The University commits to behaving responsibly in putting measures in place to prioritise the safety, health and wellbeing of everyone on our campuses.  

It is really important that everyone at the University works together to control the spread of COVID-19.  It is particularly important that we all - students and staff alike - let the University know immediately if we have one or more of the symptoms of COVID-19.  This enables us to work with you, your house/flat mates, your Academic Department and public health authorities to keep everyone as safe as possible. 

Students can notify the University by completing an online form here Covid-19 Report form or by emailing

Members of staff are requested to let their line manager and HR know as soon as possible. 


What can I do to help keep myself and other safe? 

There is still a lot of covid-19 around so you should:

  • be outside when possible
  • make sure there is plenty of fresh air indoors
  • not get too close to people you don’t live with, especially not for long periods of time
  • carry on wearing a face mask in full or crowded places and on public transport


I’m feeling unwell, what do I do? 

If you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms stay at home and self-isolate, arrange to have a test and notify the University by completing the form here: University Online Report form or email

If you are not sure phone 111 for guidance or use the NHS Covid-19 App.

COVID-19 symptoms:

The main symptoms of Covid-19 are:

  • A high temperature
  • A new, continuous cough
  • A loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste

However, the delta variant also includes symptoms such as headache and a runny nose.

See the latest list here: symptoms

Getting tested

If you have problems using the online service, call 119 - lines are open 7am to 11pm.

Stay at home / self-isolation guidance for households
If you have symptoms you must self-isolate for 10 days or until your test is negative.  Your housemates will also have to self-isolate unless they are fully vaccinated (and at least 14 days have passed since their second dose) or if they are under 18 years 6 months old.

If you need medical advice about your symptoms
Get help at: NHS 111 online coronavirus service

Mental health and wellbeing guidance

You can contact the Wellbeing Team on or the Covid Support Team on

The Wellbeing Mental Health help pages:

Government guidance on health and wellbeing: Health and Wellbeing during Coronavirus

University Coronavirus web page
See the University's web page with information relating to coronavirus here: Coronavirus webpage 


An NHS COVID Pass shows your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination details or test results. This is your COVID-19 status.

NHS guidance can be found on this link: NHS Guidance on the Covid Pass


University contacts


Helpful links to Government, NHS and Overseas Travel guidance

To find out the latest official advice and guidance please refer to: 

UK Government:  


NHS 111:  

Public Health England:  

Foreign and Commonwealth & Development Office:  or  





Still need help?