Please also see:
The University's Covid Testing webpage with FAQ about lateral flow antigen testing
The FAQs for students returning to the UK from overseas help page
The University commits to behaving responsibly in putting measures in place to prioritise the safety, health and wellbeing of everyone on our campuses.
It is really important that everyone at the University works together to control the spread of COVID-19. It is particularly important that we all - students and staff alike - let the University know immediately if we have one or more of the symptoms of COVID-19. This enables us to work with you, your house/flat mates, your Academic Department and public health authorities to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Members of staff are requested to let their line manager and HR know as soon as possible.
Wash your hands
Wear a face covering
Maintain social distancing
Use the NHS Covid-19 app
Observe the Government's rules on who you can meet
If you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms stay at home and self-isolate, arrange to have a test and notify the University by completing the form here: University Online Report form or email Covidreport@chi.ac.uk.
If you are not sure phone 111 for guidance or use the NHS Covid-19 App.
ANY of the following: (as of 14/12/20)
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
See the latest list here: symptoms
- Guidance on coronavirus testing, including who is eligible for a test and how to get tested: Coronavirus - getting tested
- Get a free NHS test to check if you have coronavirus: Get a free NHS test
If you have problems using the online service, call 119 - lines are open 7am to 11pm.
Stay at home / self-isolation guidance for households
If you have symptoms you and your house/flat mates must self-isolate for 10 days or until your test is negative.
- See the government guidance here: Stay at home guidance
- See also the NHS guidance on when and how to self-isolate here: When to self isolate and what to do
If you need medical advice about your symptoms
Get help at: NHS 111 online coronavirus service
Mental health and wellbeing guidance
The Wellbeing Mental Health help pages:
Government guidance on health and wellbeing: Health and Wellbeing during Coronavirus
University Coronavirus web page
See the University's web page with information relating to coronavirus here: Coronavirus webpage
- for wellbeing or mental health issues - email: Wellbeing@chi.ac.uk
- for housing and food support - email: Accommodation@chi.ac.uk
- for non-emergency health issues - email: Studenthealth@chi.ac.uk or text or call 07739 983703
- for support related to COVID-19 symptoms and testing - email: Covidreport@chi.ac.uk
To find out the latest official advice and guidance please refer to:
UK Government: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
NHS COVID-19: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Public Health England: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance
Foreign and Commonwealth & Development Office: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice or https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus