Changing your name - IT accounts & other resources (students)

A student may wish to change their name for various reasons. UK law does not require any specific process for a change of name (deed poll).

Please visit the student handbook for further details, including how to change your name for the following:

  • Student ID Card
  • Student Record
  • University email address (including Network ID login)
  • Student Union Card
  • National Union of Students (NUS) extra card (TOTUM Card)
  • Club and Society cards
  • Volunteer/mentor ID badges
  • ID badges
  • Gym membership cards
  • Degree Certificates for former students

Still need help?