We have become aware that some lectures are being recorded for students by adding audio to PowerPoint. This is not something we recommend for the following reasons:
- Files may be too large to fit on Moodle
- Students may try to play it back on software other than PowerPoint and there is no guarantee how it will appear to them
- There are no stats on who has viewed the document
- It may take longer to troubleshoot issues if staff arent using the recommended methods
- Although it could be shared through OneDrive, you would need to manually give all students access to the document which will increase your workload.
Please follow the Learning and Teaching online guidelines provided and record lecturers into ChiPlayer/Panopto.