You can save your files to OneDrive or to your H drive. Both offer a way to restore your work. Most of the time you will be able to do this yourself, sometimes you may need to submit a Support Me request.
The option to restore files is available in case, for example, you accidentally save an incorrect version of a document. Restoring is not a replacement for saving your work: you need to save your work regularly.
Restoring files on OneDrive
- To restore a file to a previous version, open OneDrive for Business in a web browser
- Right-click the document to restore, then click 'Version History'
- You will see a list of previous version
- Decide which date/time you wish to restore from
- Hover the cursor to the right of the date/time, click the ellipses (...) then choose either to 'Restore' or 'Open file'
Restoring files from your H or S drive
There is a file / folder restore service available in Windows, which you can use yourselves to:
Can recover data on their H-drive.
- An automatic copy is taken of student H drive data roughly every hour
Can recover data on their H drive and S drive (inc. G drive / R drive if used).
- An automatic copy is taken of staff H drive data at 7am 12noon and 7pm (Monday to Friday)
- An automatic copy is taken of staff S drive data roughly every hour, between 7am and 10pm (Monday to Friday)