Accessing desktop Mendeley on a personal computer
- Go to https://www.mendeley.com/?interaction_required=true and download the software.
- Follow the instructions under Register for an account.
Creating an online account
- Search for Mendeley in Google.
- Click on “Create a free account”. If you already have a desktop account, go to sign in top right-hand corner and enter your details.
- Do NOT choose institutional sign in option.
- Click on "Library" (in the tabs at the top of the page) to view your Mendeley library.
- Sync your account using the desktop Mendeley icon . This means that anything you add to either the desktop or online library will be added to both.
- When using the Web Importer to import references, you will be asked to sign in to your online library.