MATLAB is a high-performance language for technical computing. It integrates computation, visualisation, and programming in an environment where problems and solutions are expressed in mathematical notation.
Simulink is a block diagram environment for multidomain simulation and model-based design. It supports simulation, automatic code generation, and continuous test and verification of embedded systems. Simulink is integrated with MATLAB.
MATLAB and Simulink are available to everyone at the University.
How to download a copy of MATLAB
Students and staff can download MATLAB by going to the MATLAB Portal.
MATLAB Portal requires a valid university email address. This gives you access to the licence.
- Go to the MATLAB Portal
- In the Download MATLAB section, click 'get started today'
- At the login page, select the option to create a MATLAB (MathWorks) account
- Complete the form, remembering to use your University email address e.g. email@example.com
- Once registered, you will receive an email asking you to verify your account
- Finish creating your profile by adding a password. We recommend you use something unique (NOT your university password OR a password you use elsewhere)
- When your account has been created, you will see a link to download MATLAB. Choose the correct version for your device's operating system
The MATLAB Portal also includes training resources