- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the Quick Access toolbar and choose More Commands
- In the dropdown, select All Commands
- Scroll throught the list to Speak
- Then select Add to move speak to the right hand column
- Click ok
- You should then see a new Speak selected text icon appear on the Quick Access toolbar in Word
- When you click it, the word that the cursor is against will be read. To read a chunk of text, highlight the section before you click the button. To read the whole document, press CTRL and A together (the shortcut for select all) before clicking the button.
There are similar options in other Microsoft Office products.