This page has been specifically setup to support those studying at distance
Welcome to the University of Chichester. Below, you'll find a number of useful links to support you during your studies.
Quick help: How to join a Skype Meeting
You can join a Skype meeting in a number of ways:
- Using the Skype for Business app
- Using the Skype for Business web app
- Using a phone
University IT induction
We would advise all students to view this online IT induction. This induction has been specially curated for our distance learning students.
- Support and information zone (SIZ) can be contacted via phone or email to discuss any University related query
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (+44) 1243 816222
- The Student Support and Wellbeing team are available to support you in a number of areas, such as; disability, dyslexia, health, finances, counselling, and international advice
- Library services: The library team have produced a distance learners library services support moodle. Please visit this page to find guidance on how make use of our online resources and find our library contact details.
- Moodle support: Moodle is the University virtual learning environment (VLE). You will access all teaching content via Moodle.
- Assignments: Essay assignments are submitted via the module's Moodle page. Once submitted it will automatically be checked in Turnitin.
- ChiPlayer support: Session recordings will be available via ChiPlayer, which is powered by Panopto.
- Skype for Business support: Skype for Business will be used throughout the distance course, and will be available for meetings and general communication with your teaching staff.
- Office 365 support: As a University of Chichester student, you will have access to Microsoft Office 365, which includes Outlook email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage.
Minimum IT requirements
The University advises that distance learners use a PC or Mac with the following specifications or above
Windows 10 (Excluding Windows 10S) Please make sure your version is fully up to date
2GB (4GB recommended)
1.8GHz (2.0GHz recommended)
Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
Intel Processor, Core 2 Duo or higher (2.0GHz or higher recommended)
It is also suggested that users have the following:
- Reliable internet access (suggested 5MB)
Students can access special discounts from a number of suppliers.