1. Navigate to Microsoft's account creation page: https://login.live.com/login.srf?lw=1
(This can also be accessed by Googling “Create a Microsoft account” and following the link inside Microsoft's help page )
2. On this logon screen find the button at the bottom marked No account, Create One!
3. On the Create account page, select Use your email address instead
4. Type in whichever email address you wish to use and set a password for the Microsoft account.
*(this password will remain separate to the password used for the email)
5. Follow the rest of the process detailed. You will receive an email from Microsoft asking you to verify the account. Once done, this should allow you use the pre-existing email as a Microsoft account.
If any problems arise, please contact the Skills team.