You can live stream from ChiPlayer, it is recommended that you set up a Live webcast in advance. For ad hoc live streaming please see the instructions here: Ad hoc livestreaming
Viewers can also make ask questions, make comments, and notes during live broadcasts more information can be found here: Questions, Comments, and Notes during live broadcasts
Setting up a webcast in advance
- Log into chiplayer.chi.ac.uk
- Select Webcast from Create menu
- Name your session and select the Folder where it will belong. If this is a public event then tick the box for anyone on the web to see this.
- Fill in the Description. It is recommended that you include the date and time of the webcast. Even add information about who will be speaking and add any other contents of the event. Click Create
- After you click Create you will be taken to the Overview page. This page will display your new session information
Note: The "Viewer Link" is the broadcast URL that you have generated in advance that you may send to potential viewers. Feel free to copy and paste this link as needed. Please be advised that viewers must have permissions to view this webcast by having access to the video or the folder it is held in, unless it is a public webcast.
Waiting Room - Add a Preview Image
- Your viewers will be sent to a waiting room before they view your live stream.
- You can set a thumbnail picture for your live session to be viewed in the waiting room. To do this, continue in the Overview section, find Preview Image and click Edit.
- Click Choose File and open a picture that you have saved on your computer It is recommended that you choose a picture of the presenter or a title slide.
- Click Save and the image should appear.
- Now when you test your Viewer Link, (copy and paste the view link from the overview into a browser) you will see that the image appears in the waiting room while viewers wait for the webcast
- Copy the "Viewer link" url and make sure it is included in your calendar invitation to your webcast
- This is can also be posted online, but make sure that it is set as a public webcast (see previous instructions).
Presenting and recording your webcast
- When you are ready to present and record your live session open your ChiPlayer Recorder and log in.
- Locate the folder and click the Join Session button to select the session you have set up to broadcast (you only need to tick webcast if you haven't previously set up the session)
- Click the session name
- Click the Record button when you are ready to Broadcast and viewers using the URL you have previously sent or posted online, will be able to view your session Live.