The University of Chichester uses Microsoft's Skype for Business as a platform for online meetings and support. To attend a meeting, seminar or tutorial you should have recived a calendar invite or a link to the meeting, at the time of the meeting (or just before to give yourself some time to set it up) click on the link.
*Please note Skype for Business is not the same as Skype, Skype accounts will not work on Skype for Business.
Students and staff will have access to Skype for Business if you are using a university machine or if you are using your own device, you can download and install Skype for Business for free by following the Getting Skype for Business instructions on the Skype for Business main page.
If you are external to the university or if you do not have Skype for Business set up on your device you can join a meeting as a guest through the Web App
- The meeting request will be emailed to you
- If you have Skype for Business installed already, then when prompted click Open Skype for Business
- If you do not have Skype for Business installed click Join using the Skype for Business web app instead
- The Skype Web App window will appear, select "Download and install the Skype for Business plug-in"
- Once the plug-in has downloaded, select "Join the meeting"
- A pop-up window will open, select "Open Skype for Business Web App"
- From the sign-in window, select "Sign in as a guest to the meeting"
- Enter your name
- You may wait in a virtual "lobby" until the speaker let's you in
- Once in the meeting, you have a number of buttons available
- Click here to open a text chat window
- Start your webcam to allow others to see you
- Mute and un-mute your microphone (If you are in a noisy location, please mute your microphone when you are not speaking)
- Share your screen
- End the call
- Can't find your email invite after accepting the meeting?
- Some email clients delete emails after they are accepted or declined. Please check your deleted emails folder. If you accepted the invitation, the meeting instructions will be in your calendar.
- No audio/video
- To take full advantage of Skype for Business, you are advised to have speakers (or headphones), a microphone and a webcam. The webclient will select your default devices.
- I can't sign in?
- If you do not have a University of Chichester account, you will need to sign in as a guest.
- I can't connect to the call
- If you are unable to connect to your call, you can join by telephone. Please see your meeting invitation for the phone number and conference ID