There are a number of ways to share videos with others.
If you are a member of staff and want to share a video with students on a module then you can add and provision a ChiPlayer block on your moodle page see: Adding ChiPlayer to your Module. This will create a folder in the ChiPlayer website (accessible from the front page of Moodle) and any videos you put in that folder will be visible to anyone on the moodle page.
You can also share individual videos:
- Go to chiplayer.chi.ac.uk or click the icon on the front page of Moodle
- Find your video in the ChiPlayer website
- Hover over your video and click Share
- Click on the Drop down box in the Who has access area
- You will then be able to choose from:
- Specific people - Only specific users and groups can view.
- Anyone at your organization with the link - anyone at your organization who has the link can view. (this is useful if you want to send a link out via the university email system or the video is embedded on a university website)
- Anyone at your organization - Anyone at your organization can find and view.
- Anyone with the link - anyone who has the link can view. No sign-in required. (this is useful for videos being used for marketing purposes for example or embedded into public websites)
- Public on the web - Anyone on the Internet can find and view. No sign-in required.
- If you choose specific people, then you can search for their name in the invite people box, make sure that you double check their email address, in case of a duplicate name or if a member of staff also has a student account.
- You can then choose whether or not to send them an email, by either leaving the notify people via email box ticked or unticking it, and you can put a personal message if you wish. you can then save the changes and the person will be able to view the video.
- If you want to send the video out via email or provide a link to it somewhere, you can copy the link from the Link | Embed box at the top of the page
- You can also copy the embed code, if you wish to embed the video into a website by clicking on embed and copying the code
If you are copying the link or the embed code please also make sure you have set the appropriate access rights to enable people to view it.
If you wish to embed your video into a moodle page, please make sure that the video is in the module page folder, and follow the instructions here: Embedding a video into a module page
Please note, if you have videos in a module page they will need to be copied to the new page every year as per the start of year process.
Please also see the video below: