iPad / iPhone
Using an iOS device (iPad / iPhone) is probably the easiest option as the app records and uploads.
- Download and run the Panopto app.
- Launch the Panopto app
- Sign in with you University network credentials. You will need to enter the ChiPlayer address: chiplayer.cloud.panopto.eu
- Make sure log in is set to: Chichester Moodle - Live
- Click Record
- You should only see folders you have access to. Students - if you have been asked to upload it to a module choose the folder for your module with [assignments] at the end, you may need to search for it. If it is not for an assignment you can record it to your 'My Folder' and choose who to share it with later.
- Click stop when finished, and your video will automatically upload as long as your device remains on and connected to Wi-Fi
Please note: you will need to delete the video from your device once you are happy it has uploaded as it will take up your storage.
Recording with Android differs from iOS in that you record with your phone's camera (as opposed to the Panopto app) then use the Panopto app to upload the video.
- Download and install Panopto from the Google Play store (or other, such as Amazon app store)
- Click sign in at the top
- Set the Address to: chiplayer.cloud.panopto.eu
- Leave sign in using as Chichester Moodle - Live and click the green Sign in button. Sign in with your usual University credentials
- Start your camera app and record the video
- Once you have recorded your video, rename the file appropriately. Students - if you are recording an assignment name it with your student number and title. Please do NOT include your name, email, or username in the file name.
- Return to the Panopto app and click the cloud icon at the top right
- You will see a drop-down box with the folders you can upload to. Choose your modules [assignments] folder or your My Folder then click choose video or audio files. Navigate to your video (this stage will vary between tablet but the video may be in your photos). As soon as you select your video it will start to upload to ChiPlayer so make sure you choose the right one
- You can change the video's title, apply some basic editing, or delete it by logging on at: chiplayer.chi.ac.uk or clciking the ChiPlayer button on the front page of Moodle.
- Navigate to the assignment folder set up by your tutor (they will need to tell you this) and you should see your video with the appropriate options