You can print from your phone, tablet, laptop or any other internet-enabled device using mobile printing.
It works with any operating system and uses your University email.
You can send a document to print from anywhere that has an internet connection, for example from home the night before you want to print.
There are three options:
Option one - email printing
1. Attach the document you want to print (pdf, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) to an email from your University email address.
(It is possible to use an alternative email address. The first time you use an alternative address you will receive a confirmation email to register that address with the printing system).
3. Release the document at a printer on either campus by using your campus card (or by logging in with your University username and password)
Please note: email printing is set to print double-sided and this cannot be changed.
Option two - webprint
1. Go to https://webprint.chi.ac.uk
2. From webprint you can upload a document to print by selecting Choose Filethen navigating to the document, and selecting Next
3. Choose the type of printing you require: colour or black and white
4. Follow the instructions on screen - by clicking the tick you are given additional print options - to release after choosing options press the grey button with Colour_Printer or Mono_Printer on
5. Release the document at a printer on either campus by using your campus card (or by logging in with your University username and password)
Please note: web printing is set to print double-sided and this cannot be changed
Option three - driver print
For the most fully featured printing experience, which will enable you to print from any application installed on your computer (for example Microsoft Word), you can install the University’s printer queue on your own machine using the Driver Print feature.