Moodle is the university's virtual learning environment (VLE).
Tutors use Moodle to publish:
- Module information
- Links to online resources and reading lists
- Activities for you to participate in
- Videos of teaching sessions
- News and announcements
- Assignment submission
The Moodle homepage displays quick linksto resources you may require on a daily basis, such as:
- Office 365: university email
- My pages: which shows your modules which can be displayed in various views
- Library: the Moodle page containing the library catalogue search, and various useful library resources
- ChiView: your student record
Services available in Moodle
The top menu bar in Moodleincludes dropdown sections for: Student Services, Study Related, Campus Facilities, and Timetables.
These dropdown sections include:
Teaching timetables (see more info link)
Academic year dates
Book a PC / study booth / room
PC availability maps
Campus maps and directions
Inter-campus transport e.g. U7, U8 buses
Moodle has an accessibility tool to set user preferences for screen colours and font styles.
Support sessions for Moodle, Turnitin and other systems are available on request. Please contact email@example.com for details.
How to access
Alternatively, from the university website chi.ac.uk click 'Staff and student links' then 'Moodle'