The University of Chichester uses Microsoft's Skype for Business as a platform for online meetings and support. This page will guide you through what to do with an online meeting request.
Please follow these steps to join a meeting
- The meeting request will be emailed to you
- Select "Try Skype Web App". Do not select the top link (Join Skype Meeting) unless you are a current Skype for Business user
- The Skype Web App window will appear, select "Download and install the Skype for Business plug-in"
- Once the plug-in has downloaded, select "Join the meeting"
- A pop-up window will open, select "Open Skype for Business Web App"
- From the sign-in window, select "Sign in as a guest to the meeting"
- Enter your name
- You will wait in a virtual "lobby" until the speaker let's you in
- Once in the meeting, you have a number of buttons available
- Click here to open a text chat window
- Start your webcam to allow others to see you
- Mute and un-mute your microphone (If you are in a noisy location, please mute your microphone when you are not speaking)
- Share your screen
- End the call
- Can't find your email invite after accepting the meeing?
- Some email clients delete emails after they are accepted or declined. Please check your deleted emails folder. If you accepted the invitation, the meeting instructions will be in your calendar.
- No audio/video
- To take full advantage of Skype for Business, you are advised to have speakers (or headphones), a microphone and a webcam. The webclient will select your default devices.
- I can't sign in?
- If you do not have a University of Chichester account, you will need to sign in as a guest.
- I can't connect to the call
- If you are unable to connect to your call, you can join by telephone. Please see your meeting invitation for the phone number and conference ID