You may need to rename a video, for example if you are a student and uploading for an assignment you may need to change the name to your student number or if you didn't change the name when you created the video it would have defaulted to the date and time of the recording.
You may also need to change the folder that the video is stored in, for example a student may need to move a recording to an [assignments] folder or a member of staff may have saved a recording to their own folder to edit it before moving it to the module folder to enable students to see it.
The video below shows the full process (note: the video also includes sharing but you do not need to do this if you are sharing to a module folder)
Re-name a ChiPlayer Video
- If you need to rename your videos, navigate to your video in ChiPlayer, hover over it and you will see a menu appear, click on the 'Settings' option.
- Some options will then appear on the page, click on the Edit button next to name
- Once you have clicked edit, the name of the video will appear in an editable box, change the name and click Save
- You can then close the settings menu and your video name will be changed
Change the folder that your video is held in
- If you need to folder that your video is held in, navigate to your video in ChiPlayer, hover over it and you will see a menu appear, click on the Settings option.
- Click the Edit button next to the folder
- Once you have clicked Edit, a drop down box will appear, Click the dropdown to show the folders you have access to
- If you can see the folder you want to move the video to, select it, otherwise start filling in the module code of the folder you require
- Once you have clicked and selected the appropriate folder, click Save directly underneath it
Ensure you select the correct folder, make sure that the full module code matches the one in Moodle, eg MUL203_17 or SWK302_S1_B_17. (_17 would denote the 2017-2018 academic year modules)
Note: current year modules are stored in folders denoting the academic year e.g. there is a folder for 2017-18 for that years modules.